Vertigo and dizziness can be debilitating conditions that disrupt the lives of those who suffer from them. If you’re seeking relief from these issues in Southaven, Mississippi, you’re in luck.
DeSoto Upper Cervical, located at 1134 Church Rd W, Southaven, MS, 38671, is here to help.
Drs. David Hall and Troy Reistroffer, our Upper Cervical specialists, have a proven track record of obtaining outstanding results for individuals struggling with vertigo and dizziness problems.
In this article, we will explore the benefits of receiving chiropractic care, specifically Upper Cervical Chiropractic, to address vertigo and dizziness in Southaven, Mississippi.
Keep reading to learn more.
Table of Contents
What Causes Vertigo and Dizziness?
To understand how Upper Cervical Chiropractic helps, you first need to comprehend what’s behind your symptoms. Vertigo and dizziness stem from problems in the vestibular system.
This system is responsible for balance and spatial orientation. It includes the inner ear, brainstem, eyes, and nerves connecting them.
If any part of this system is damaged or inflamed, it can trigger vertigo, dizziness, nausea, and more.
Potential causes include:
- Inner ear infections
- Head or neck injuries
- Brain disorders such as tumors or strokes
- Malformed blood vessels in the inner ear
- Crystal buildup in the inner ear
- Nerve dysfunction due to diabetes, multiple sclerosis, or nutritional deficiencies
In many cases, the culprit is misalignment of the top vertebrae in the neck, known as the atlas and axis. When these vertebrae shift out of position, it crowds the brainstem and disrupts signaling between the brain and vestibular system. Upper Cervical Chiropractic targets these misalignments to restore balance and ease vertigo.
How Upper Cervical Chiropractors Detect and Correct Subluxations
Upper Cervical Chiropractors like Drs. David Hall and Troy Reistroffer use precision diagnostic tools to locate the exact vertebral subluxations interfering with your vestibular system. This includes:
- Digital x-ray analysis measuring head and neck posture from different angles
- Surface EMG scans detecting abnormal muscle firing patterns
- Thermography and ultrasound imaging showing inflammation
- Balance, coordination, and vertigo symptom assessments
Once the subluxations are identified, the Upper Cervical Chiropractor makes gentle and calculated adjustments to realign your atlas and axis. This takes pressure off the brainstem, allows cerebrospinal fluid to flow freely, and restores balance between the brain and inner ear. Most patients feel improvement in their symptoms right away after the first few sessions.
Upper Cervical Chiropractic Benefits
Upper Cervical Chiropractic offers distinct benefits compared to other treatment approaches:
- Non-invasive and drug-free: No needles, injections or reliance on medication
- Highly targeted: Focuses on the unique underlying cause not just symptom relief
- Gentle technique: Precise adjustments tailored to you for maximum comfort
- Effective for chronic issues: Many patients see success after other failed treatments
- Safe long-term: Can be part of a wellness routine to preserve results
- Whole body impact: Correcting atlas/axis alignment enhances overall wellbeing
Benefits of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care for Vertigo and Dizziness
- Precise Diagnosis: Upper Cervical specialists, Drs. David Hall and Troy Reistroffer, use advanced diagnostic techniques to pinpoint the exact location of subluxations in the upper neck. This precision allows for targeted treatment.
- Gentle Adjustments: Upper Cervical Chiropractic adjustments are gentle and non-invasive. The adjustments are tailored to each patient’s unique needs, ensuring maximum comfort.
- Improved Nervous System Function: By realigning the atlas and axis vertebrae, Upper Cervical Chiropractic care helps restore proper nervous system function. This can lead to a reduction in vertigo and dizziness symptoms.
- Drug-Free and Non-Surgical: Upper Cervical Chiropractic care is a natural approach to healing, eliminating the need for medications or invasive procedures.
- Lasting Results: Many patients experience long-lasting relief from vertigo and dizziness after Upper Cervical Chiropractic care. This can greatly improve their quality of life.
What Patients Can Expect
A typical Upper Cervical Chiropractic visit starts with a reassessment of your current symptoms, posture, and alignment. Any new issues will also be addressed. You’ll then receive a gentle adjustment to realign your atlas or axis as needed. The initial appointment takes less than 60 minutes.
In the beginning, you may need 2-3 visits per week to get relief. Maintenance visits are recommended thereafter to sustain results. Some patients find they can go weeks or months before needing a tune-up.
Give Upper Cervical Chiropractic a Chance
If vertigo and dizziness are diminishing your quality of life, Upper Cervical Chiropractic deserves strong consideration. The first step is booking a consultation at DeSoto Upper Cervical Chiropractic in Southaven, Mississippi.
Their experienced Upper Cervical Chiropractors will perform a thorough evaluation to uncover the cause of your symptoms. If Upper Cervical Chiropractic can help, they will customize a treatment plan to start restoring your health, balance, and vitality.
FAQs About Upper Cervical Chiropractic For Vertigo and Dizziness
How does Upper Cervical Chiropractic work to alleviate vertigo and dizziness?
Upper Cervical Chiropractic focuses on realigning the top two vertebrae in the neck called the atlas and axis. Misalignments in these vertebrae can compress the brainstem and disrupt signaling between the brain and inner ear, leading to balance problems. Gentle adjustments realign the vertebrae, take pressure off the brainstem, and restore proper communication.
What causes the atlas and axis to become misaligned?
There are many possible causes including head and neck injuries, poor posture, falls, repetitive motions, and simple wear and tear. Even minor trauma that occurred years ago can lead to chronic misalignment and vertigo symptoms.
Is the treatment painful?
Upper Cervical Chiropractic adjustments are extremely gentle. Doctors use precise techniques to align the vertebrae without any twisting, popping, or cracking. Most patients feel nothing more than light pressure during the treatment.
How long until I start feeling better?
Many patients experience some relief immediately after their first adjustment. However, it takes a series of appointments to fully realign the neck and provide substantial, lasting relief. Your chiropractor will advise how many treatments you’ll likely need based on your individual case.
Are results permanent?
Many patients find their vertigo and dizziness are eliminated or greatly reduced with Upper Cervical Chiropractic care. However, it’s important to follow your chiropractor’s advice for maintenance visits to preserve proper alignment and sustain results. Frequency of maintenance care varies by patient.
Is Upper Cervical Chiropractic covered by insurance?
Many major insurance providers cover Upper Cervical Chiropractic care. Contact your insurance company beforehand to verify your coverage and any out-of-pocket costs. Our office staff can also assist with insurance-related questions.